15 Nov Webinar: Brownfield Land Development – Transfer of Pollution Risk
Join our webinar:
Brownfield Land Development: Transfer of Pollution Risk
Tuesday 5th December 10.30am-11.30am (UK time).
For the latest webinar in our ‘Beyond Remediation’ series, we are joined by Duncan Spencer, Director, EDIA Limited, together with Jon Cooke, Managing Director at ESI, now part of Stantec, as they discuss how liabilities associated with historical pollution may not be completely dealt with through the development of brownfield land.
The session will give examples to illustrate how insurance can be used to mitigate liabilities associated with:
- Pollution present on the acquisition of a property pre-development;
- The potential for development works to cause new liabilities; and
- The impact of residual pollution left post development.
We will look at how the correct mitigation of these liabilities can:
- Allow vendors to exit the property with confidence the liability will not return;
- Provide confidence to developers and stakeholders that the associated risks are managed; and
- Ensure future owners can purchase in the knowledge that financial provision has been made to address any residual, unknown, issue.
A useful summary of the strengths, weaknesses and limitations of products available in the insurance market will also be shared.
Who should sign up?
This webinar is relevant to those within the property industry, including property investors, developers and housebuilders, planners, land agents.
Duncan Spencer – Director, EDIA Limited
Duncan is a Director of EDIA Limited, a specialist environmental insurance broker. He has a unique CV which includes 10 years’ experience as a civil engineer working on investigating and remediating contaminated land, followed by 10 years’ underwriting environmental insurance products and 6 years broking these same products. EDIA focuses on providing insurance products to assist client acquire or divest properties that would otherwise present unacceptable environmental risks.
Jon Cooke – Managing Director, ESI Consulting, now part of Stantec
Jon is the former Land Group Director at ESI and Group Manager at White Young Green. He has a proven track record with strong commercial leadership, securing significant year on year revenue and profit growth across our industry sectors. He is an Engineering Geologist, with a background in geo-environmental risk management.