28 Feb ESI Shortlisted for two Categories in the Ground Engineering Awards 2017
We are pleased to announce that ESI has been shortlisted as a finalist in both the Consulting Firm of the Year and Geoenvironmental Project of the Year categories of the 2017 Ground Engineering Awards.
Before the awards, all finalists will attend face-to-face judging by members of the 49-strong jury, made up of clients, contractors, consultants and academics including:
- Simon Abbot, head of geotechnics, Network Rail
- Mike Black, head of geotechnics, Crossrail
- John Crack, head of structural and geotechnical engineering, Canary Wharf Group
- David Jones, chief geotechnical engineer, United Utilities
- Christina Jackson, technical director, CH2M
- Sean Jeffery, executive managing director, Kier Infrastructure
- Sarah Stallebrass, professor of soil mechanics & head of the department of civil engineering, City University of London
This year saw a record number of companies entering the Ground Engineering Awards and editor Claire Smith commented:
“The entries to the GE Awards never cease to amaze me in terms of the innovation and challenges successfully overcome by the UK’s geotechnical sector – and this year is no exception.
The number and quality of entries this year means that just getting onto the shortlist is a real achievement in itself.
I am looking forward to seeing how these entries are presented at the live judging stage and then announcing them on the evening of the awards in July.”
The winners will be announced on 5 July 2017 at a glamorous ceremony at the Hilton Park Lane, London, where over 800 of the industry elite will join together for an event filled with entertainment, celebration and networking.
The full list of finalists and more information can be found at: awards.geplus.co.uk