You should be experienced in the investigation and qualitative and semi-quantitative risk assessment of land contamination, understand current and emerging best practice relating to brownfield land, have a good understanding of engineering geology and geotechnical parameterisation of ground conditions for a range of projects including property, transport and infrastructure developments. Your experience should be applicable to a wide range of environments across the UK.
The successful applicant will have a proven technical, commercial and project management track record and must have the right flare, drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future which will help us develop and continue to expand our growing team and client base across a broad spectrum of sectors.
Training and Development
The learning and development experience at ESI though our academy programme is different to that at most other companies. Here we thoroughly recognise the importance of our people and we invest for the long term to provide them with the technical, commercial and managerial expertise they need throughout their career. At ESI we are practitioners at all levels within the business and therefore it is important that our staff continue to learn and develop irrespective of position or experience.
Our investment includes attendance at technical conferences, regular internal presentations and discussion groups, bespoke training courses as well as active on the job mentoring. We also have a dedicated group to provide structured support and encouragement to all staff in their progression to chartership.
Ideally the candidate would have:
- A strong academic background with good academic qualifications – as a minimum first degree in geology or geography or related scientific subject. A second degree in geology or with a large component of engineering geological sciences is desirable.
- A minimum of 8 years post graduate experience relevant to this application.
- Working towards or achieved chartered status with a relevant body (CGeol, CEnv, CEng or CIWEM).
- Excellent technical experience in brownfield land, site investigation and geotechnical parameterisation.
- Able to undertake Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 Site Investigations (with experience of a range of site investigation techniques), Remediation Strategies, Earthworks Specifications and Verification Reports.
- Good report writing skills including the ability to self-check and to produce high quality and accurate work. Reports would include factual and interpretative reports including generic qualitative/ quantitative risk assessments, engineering parametrisation and geotechnical design.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant codes of practice and industry standards and have an understanding of relevant legislation.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of risk management and remediation techniques.
- Demonstrate experience of working on wider environmental projects such as land use planning and environment impact assessment, mineral extraction and landfill assessments.
- In depth understanding of Health and Safety requirements including CDM 2015.
- Able to support senior management with bid preparation.
- Able to check work of more junior members of the team.
- Able to manage projects – staff, resources, financial, commercial aspects.
- Excellent client management skills.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Legal right to work in the UK.
If you think you may have what we are looking for then please send us your CV and covering letter quoting reference VAC044 to email@example.com