The successful candidate will form a key part within the national team and will play an integral role in delivering and managing our increasing workload including the development of new business.
Key roles will include:
- Client development
- Opportunity generation and proposal writing
- Management of multidisciplinary environmental and waste projects including: landfill assessment; waste recovery; environmental permitting
- Support to clients in the extractive/minerals sector in Site restoration and land improvement
- Preparation of technical input to planning applications (EIA and non EIA)
- Management of Environmental Permit applications
- Regulator/stakeholder liaison
- Designing and supervising ground Investigations (as appropriate)
- Factual and interpretative reporting
In your role, you would be expected to take the managing role in the effective delivery of a range of projects, working closely with colleagues to ensure high-quality technical output. You will manage project staff members in the successful delivery of projects from initial bid to issue of reports, particularly in the areas of waste regulation and environmental permitting. The ability to rapidly assimilate site data and provide robust, pragmatic advice pertinent to the clients’ needs is crucial.
Your involvement would be to take a supporting role in assisting with the team’s business development activities across relevant client sectors.
Development and Training
We would look to utilise your current skills and experience in assisting with developing and maintaining strong technical delivery, including continuous improvement to our procedures, mentoring junior staff and ensuring our projects are run to meet our individual client needs.
Excellent career progression routes are available to the right candidate. We encourage innovation and will expect a person in such a role to have a strong motivation to continue their professional career development.
Ideally the candidate would have:
- Between 4 and 8 years experience working either as a consultant or directly for waste management, minerals or planning companies.
- Successfully completed a relevant degree course, and/or additional Masters training, in a relevant discipline, this may include; Waste Management; Geology; Hydrogeology; Environmental Science; Geo-Chemistry; Engineering geology / Environmental geology.
- Good technical understanding of waste and minerals management; site investigation, ground engineering, contaminated land.
- Strong and up-to-date understanding of relevant regulatory regimes and legislation.
- Track record of attending/network development at relevant industry events.
- Good understanding of the impact of geo-environmental work upon development.
- Have achieved or be close to achieving, chartered status with a relevant institution (CGeol, CEnv, CEng or CIWM).
- Strong track record of developing opportunities, winning work within the sector and managing client relationships.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you think you may have what we are looking for then please send us your CV and covering letter quoting reference VAC045 to email@example.com